The 58-year-old man didn’t know the sweet treats contained a psychoactive ingredient
A dad in Independence Township, Michigan returned home to find a plate of chocolate brownies his daughter had made, and so decided to tuck in.
Little did he know, they had a secret psychoactive ingredient.
Firefighters and deputies responded to a medical call at the family home on Wednesday, after the 58-year-old man thought he had suffered a stroke, later taking him to a nearby hospital.
Fortunately he had just unwittingly got high on pot, which kills zero Americans each year.
The father's 17-year-old daughter admitted to making marijuana brownies, though the cakes were taken away to a lab for good measure.
It is unclear whether she will be charged, with marijuana being decriminalised but still illegal in the state.
Marijuana legalisation is slowly spreading round the US as Colorado – the first state to legalise it – continues to reap the financial rewards.
A recent study found the drug to be 114 times less deadly than alcohol.