Nomophobia Teenager's bedroom goes up in flames after charging phone overnight

Caitlin Rae Durant iPhone charge caught fire after she was charging her phone overnight and left it resting on her bed.

  • Published:
play After: This is the devastated bedroom belonging to Caitlin Rae Durant, 15, caused when a fire was sparked by her iPhone charger. (Wales news Service)
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The bedroom of a 15-year-old girl from Morfa Bychan in north Wales has gone up in flames after leaving her phone to charge overnight.

Caitlin Rae Durant's iPhone charger caught fire after she left her phone on charge overnight resting on her bed.

 

Th phone overheated and the whole room became engulfed in flames.

She however managed to escape from the blaze but all her belongings were burnt beyond recognition.

 

Firefighters who came to douse the fire released the above pictures to serve as a warning to others.

‘Turn chargers off and unplug them before you go to bed,’ Stuart Millington, senior fire safety manager at North Wales Police, said.

‘Never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods.’



Caitlin's mother Gemma said her home is wrecked - and they will leave the house for six months.

She said everything in their home had been "destroyed due to heat, smoke and water damage."

"Nothing can be saved,’ she added. ‘Downstairs has been flooded due to the volume of water that had to be pumped in to extinguish the fire, everything has suffered smoke damage.

"At the moment we’re watiing to see if the experts think some items downstairs can be saved if professionally cleaned and restored."

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos





Top Articles

1 Mystery British Airways plane carrying Christians attacked by strange...bullet
2 Heart Stopping Snake enters presenter’s skirt on live TV, disrupts the...bullet
3 Try It Students came out of exam hall crying because of this...bullet
4 Barbaric 'Pregnant' woman burns step daughter for alleged bed wettingbullet
5 Climax Man goes blind after a strong orgasm in a "vigorous...bullet
6 Spiritual Cleansing Mallam Isaah jailed 17 years for...bullet
7 Video 60% of visitors to this park full of large erect...bullet
8 Addiction Just put me in prison, I can’t stop being a...bullet
9 Insanity “it is better for a girl to be broken in by her...bullet
10 Enough! I hate it when people are “praying…praying and...bullet

Top Videos

1 In Nigeria House Help uses rat to cook Jollof Rice for madambullet
2 Watch Video Church members drink alcohol openly during servicebullet
3 Natural Beauty This 50-year-old mother still looks like a teenagerbullet
4 Video This new dance will take over the streets in Ghana soonbullet
5 Video Jesus Christ is not the real name of the Messiahbullet
6 Ibrah Young millionaire gifts 'trotro' passengers free iphonesbullet
7 Video Man breaks Guinness World Book of Records by stuffing...bullet
8 Video Meet the lady with the world’s longest fingernailsbullet
9 Laughable Bank robber arrested after he was seen sharing...bullet
10 Video Obinim orders congregation to bring used...bullet

Filla