The cool look works with every outfit, add a touch of bling to it.
One of the hottest trends in nail art is the gradient glitter manicure and it is apt for this festive season.
Here is a simple DIY that takes you through the steps to create this look.
- Apply the colours Before you begin, prep your nails.
- Then, take a disposable wedge sponge and cut a small piece out of it in the shape and size of your nail.
- Apply both the colours red and pink on the sponge generously and then dab gently on the nail to transfer the colours on them.
- Now, add the glitter After the colours dry, take a little glitter polish and apply on the tip of the nail.
- To create gradation, remove the excess glitter from the brush and drag it in the direction of the nail bed from the tip.
- Add the top coat
- Once all the coats of the paint have dried, seal it all in with a top coat.
How to prep your nails before you begin
- Clean your nails thoroughly
- This first step is crucial. Take a cotton ball soaked in remover and press it on your nails for a few seconds.
- Apply slight pressure while rubbing the surface to completely remove colours from previous manicures. File them.
- When shaping and filing your nails, make sure to not use the regular to and fro motion; rather, move the file in just one direction to get a better result. Massage a few drops of cuticle oil over the surface and tips to hydrate your nail. Buff and apply a base coat.
- Use a buffer to smoothen the nail bed. This also helps your colour last long. A base coat is essential to make your manicure stronger and preps the nail to hold on to the colour.