Basic examination BNI to investigate BECE leakage

On Wednesday June 17, 2015, WAEC announced the cancellation of five subject papers in the ongoing BECE.

  • Published: , Refreshed:
File photo play

File photo

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) has taken over investigations into the leak of five subject papers in the ongoing Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).

Security sources says WAEC could not be trusted to investigate itself as the magnititude of the leak could not have occurred without the connivance of some officials of the examination body.

The Deputy Minister in-charge of pre-tertiary education, Mr. Alex Kyeremeh in an interview with Citi FM said the Ministry has directed the country’s security agencies to investigate circumstances leading to the leakage.

On Wednesday June 17, 2015, WAEC announced the cancellation of five subject papers in the ongoing BECE.

They are Papers 2 of English Language; Religious and Moral Education; Integrated Science; Mathematics, and Social Studies.

This followed the discovery by the WAEC that those papers had leaked and, thereby, the integrity of the papers had been compromised.

According to a statement signed and issued in Accra Wednesday by the Deputy Director of Public Affairs of WAEC, Mrs Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, the leaked papers had been rescheduled to be re-taken on June 29 and 30, 2015.

The statement said in addition to other sources where the papers had been leaked, they had also gone viral on social media, especially on Whatsapp Messenger.

“In pursuance of its quest to demonstrate its abhorrence of examination malpractice of any sort, safeguard the sanctity of its examinations and integrity of certificate issued, the council has cancelled the listed papers.

“As such, Social Studies 1 and 2 examinations slated for today, June 18, 2015 will not be administered.”

However, the remaining papers, French and Information Communication Technology (ICT) would be written as scheduled for today, June 18 and tomorrow, June 19 respectively.

Candidate collapse

A candidate of Fiasem JHS at Tarkwa in the Western Region has collapsed upon hearing the news of the cancellation of five papers.

The boy was said to be discussing the cancellation with his colleagues and teachers when he passed out after a teacher confirmed the news to them.

He was later rushed to the hospital.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos





Top Articles

1 Ghana Armed Forces GAF announces date for 2017/18 recruitment screeningbullet
2 Atomic Gas Explosion UPDATE: Another explosion shakes Atomic Junction...bullet
3 Freemasonry Here are prominent Ghanaians who are also freemasonsbullet
4 Adult Content We will continue showing porn on TV - Ice TVbullet
5 Kofi Opoku Manu Former Ashanti Regional Minister is deadbullet
6 Ghana Police New IGP makes first shake-up in Police Service;...bullet
7 Sex Workers Chinese prostitutes invade Wassa Akropong;...bullet
8 Assault OccupyGhana demands justice for lady stripped...bullet
9 National Service New allowance will be paid after 2017...bullet
10 Accra vs Kumasi 6 pictures that perfectly capture the...bullet

Top Videos

1 Video Four suspects arrested for Captain Mahama's deathbullet
2 Video Gabby Otchere-Darko, Citi FM MD heckled in New Yorkbullet
3 WATCH Kennedy Agyapong dances wildly to hip hop song in hilarious videobullet
4 Capt. Mahama's Death The account of this 10-year-old will leave...bullet
5 Prophecy Hundreds will die in floods in 2017 – Prophet revealsbullet

News