The 2017 Africa CEO Forum is bound to host over 1,000 African and international personalities to deliberate on topical issues for the betterment of Africa. The forum will also honour some CEOs for their contribution to the continent.
This edition will take place from 20 – 21 March in Geneva, Switzerland with focus on revitalizing the economic cycle on the continent.
READ ALSO: Ghana's national football team is returning
The forum will allow participants to exchange their views and opinions on issues affecting the economic development of African companies, in a high-quality setting that is ideal for conducting business meetings.
The Africa CEO Forum has cemented its status as the foremost meeting dedicated to the development of the African private sector.
The theme for this year’s forum is “Rethinking Africa’s business model.
READ ALSO: Ghana's president turns up in style
One out of the shortlisted individuals in each category will win an award:
CEO OF THE YEAR
1. Abdulsamad Rabiu, CEO, BUA Group
2. Issad Rebrab, Chairman, Cevital
3. Mohammed Dewji, CEO, MeTL
4. Naguib Sawiris, Chairman, OTMT Investments
5. Said Salim Awadh Bakhresa, CEO, Bakhresa Group
6. Strive Masiyiwa, CEO, Econet
YOUNG CEO OF THE YEAR
1. Anta Babacar Ngom Bathily, MD, Sedima
2. Basil El-Baz, CEO, Carbon Holdings
3. Darshan Chandaria, CEO, Chandaria Industries
4. James Mworia, CEO, Centum Investments
5. Mohamed Ben Ouda, MD, SNTL
6. Lamia Tazi, MD, Sothema
AFRICAN COMPANY OF THE YEAR
1. CIEL Group
3. ELSEWEDY ELECTRIC
6. OCP Group
AFRICAN BANK OF THE YEAR
1. ATTIJARIWAFA BANK
2. BANQUE CENTRALE POPULAIRE
4. MAURITIUS COMMERCIAL BANK
5. STANDARD BANK GROUP
6. UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA
PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTOR OF THE YEAR
3. DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL LLP
4. HELIOS INVESTMENT PARTNERS
5. LEAPFROG INVESTMENTS
6. THE ABRAAJ GROUP
INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION OF THE YEAR