CLOGSAG Members call off strike

Members of CLOGSAG have been on strike over three weeks now demanding the payment of market premium before they return to work.

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Civil and Local Government Service Staff Association of Ghana (CLOSSAG) has called off its strike.

This follows the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between leaders of the union and the Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, Haruna Iddrisu today [Thursday].

Members of CLOGSAG have been on strike over three weeks now demanding the payment of market premium before they return to work.

READ ALSO: CLOGSAG Strike Payment of premiums will 'throw the budget completely off track' - Mahama

However, the National Labour Commission described the strike as illegal.

The Minister of Employment and Labour Relations Haruna Iddrisu subsequently asked striking members of CLOGSAG to return to work or risk losing their August salaries.

At the end of a meeting on Monday, which ended inconclusively, the Minister of Labour and Employment relations, Haruna Iddrisu said CLOGSAG’s demands would be subjected to further consultations with the new market premium pay policy, expected to be introduced in January 2017.

“I am subjecting it to further consultation with the Fai Wages and Salaries Commission and the Ministry of Finance; Compensation Division and to further consult with higher authority whilst they also engage with their constituents and membership.”

“We have to reach an understanding as to where we will begin with in January when the government introduces a new market premium pay policy,” Mr. Iddrisu added.

President John Dramani Mahama had earlier pleaded with striking workers of the Civil and Local Government Service Staff Association of Ghana (CLOGSSAG), to return to work.

According to him, any attempt to yield to the demands of CLOGSAG “will throw the budget completely off track.”

“Election year over-expenditure has been the bane of our economic stability, I am happy to note that this year, even though an election year, expenditure targets are still on track and I intend to stick strictly to the budget and the Appropriations Act as approved by Parliament,” he said.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos





Top Articles

1 Sexual Life Early ejaculation is not disease - Urologistbullet
2 Freemasonry Here are prominent Ghanaians who are also freemasonsbullet
3 Ghana Armed Forces GAF announces date for 2017/18 recruitment screeningbullet
4 Adult Content We will continue showing porn on TV - Ice TVbullet
5 Warning! Be careful of sexual pleasures - Top Pentecost Pastor...bullet
6 Family Affair These mega churches are keeping it in the familybullet
7 Sex Workers Chinese prostitutes invade Wassa Akropong;...bullet
8 Recruitment Police, other security agencies would be...bullet
9 Accra vs Kumasi 6 pictures that perfectly capture the...bullet
10 Special Ring Saga God has empowered me more than the...bullet

Top Videos

1 Video Koforidua river mysteriously turns Biblical Blood Redbullet
2 Video Four suspects arrested for Captain Mahama's deathbullet

News