Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Dome Fire kills JHS student

The student, Juliana Awotwi was sleeping in a kiosk when it caught fire last Sunday dawn.

  • Published:
play File photo
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A 15-year-old junior high school student has been burnt to death at Dome Perfect area, near Kwabenya in Accra.

The student, Juliana Awotwi was sleeping in a kiosk when it caught fire last Sunday dawn.

Residents said they suspect that the fire occurred following a lighted candle.

READ ALSO: 80-year-old mother, son perish in fire outbreak

The father of the deceased, Emmanuel Awotwi, told the Daily Guide newspaper that he left his daughter Saturday evening for work as a security personnel.

His daughter, however, lighted a candle inside the wooden structure as there was no electricity supply in the area.

He said that in the early hours of Sunday, he was told that fire had engulfed his home and immediately rushed to the scene and found his daughter burnt beyond recognition.

READ ALSO: Parliament’s Job 600 on fire

The charred body of Juliana has since been taken to the Police Hospital for preservation and autopsy.

The Ghana Fire Service has launched investigations into the incident.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos