EC Court Case Voter's Register plaintiffs head back to court

According to Nana Asante Bediatuo who represented Abu Ramadan of the People’s National Convention and Evans Nimako of the NPP in the case  said the clarity might be necessary given the different interpretations people are giving to  the verdict .

  • Published: , Refreshed:
Nana Asante Bediatuo play

Nana Asante Bediatuo

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Lawyer for the two plaintiffs in the Supreme Court case against the Electoral Commission on the electoral register, has hinted of a possibility of them going back to court for clarity on the judgement pronounced on the case last week.

According to Nana Asante Bediatuo who represented Abu Ramadan of the People’s National Convention and Evans Nimako of the NPP in the case  said the clarity might be necessary given the different interpretations people are giving to  the verdict .

READ MORE: EC threatened with another suit to enforce SC ruling on voters' register

On Thursday, May 5, the Supreme Court ordered the Electoral Commission to delete from the electoral roll names of persons who have not established qualification to be on the register. This includes deceased persons, minors, and persons who registered with NHIA cards.

Some have argued the court did not order the removal of names of persons who registered with the NHIA cards from the electoral roll.

But Nana Asante Bediatuo said his clients did not seek the deletion of names of persons who registered with NHIA card but it sought the deletion of  ineligible persons from the roll, and that is what the court has granted.

The EC in its response after receiving a certified copy of the judgement said amongst other things that it would use the exhibition process to clean the register.

The Commission noted that in accordance with the provisions of CI 91, Registered Voters will be given the opportunity to verify their registration details at all polling centres nationwide with the use of verification machines.

 "We all should show up and all of us should use the verification to verify our presence and then establish our eligibility to remain on the register. Otherwise, the process that they describe I'm afraid will not end up removing ineligible people unless it is mandatory of all Ghanaians", he said on News File.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Adult Content We will continue showing porn on TV - Ice TVbullet
2 Freemasonry Here are prominent Ghanaians who are also freemasonsbullet
3 Confession This is the real story behind Atta Ayi's arrestbullet
4 Road safety Ghana records over 2000 road accidents in 2017bullet
5 Watch Video I lick my wife before going to preach - Kumchacha...bullet
6 City Indeed! 7 reasons Accra is the worst city to live in Ghanabullet
7 Ghana Police Service IGP reshuffles top officersbullet
8 Sex Workers Chinese prostitutes invade Wassa Akropong;...bullet
9 Men of God Ghanaian pastors and their nicknamesbullet
10 SSNIT Saga My degrees are not fake, SSNIT IT boss...bullet

News