In Koforidua Fire Outbreak Claims Two Innocent Lives

Two children were burnt to death and three others hospitalize after a fire outbreak in koforidua on Wednesday 14 January 2015 around 11:30 pm.  

  • Published:
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The incident which happened near the Koforidua Polytechnic left the children, Mansah Alado, seven, and Prince Atsu, four, trapped in the fire while sleeping in the room.

Three others, namely Atsukpui Alado, 30, a pregnant woman; Kweku Alado and Prince Alado, sustained various degrees of injury and were rushed to the Koforidua Regional Hospital for treatment.

According to report the condition of Kwaku Alado is critical as he had been admitted at the Intensive Care Unit.

Speaking with the Daily Graphic in Koforidua, Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police, Mr Yaw Nketia -Yeboah, said all the victims were asleep in the same room when the incident happened and, therefore, the two deceased children could not escape.

He advice  the public to educate their children on the dangers of fire, especially during power outages when there was the need for usage of candles and other sources of light.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos