Workers at the Defense Ministry of Ghana are battling to put out fire that has started in one of the offices in facility.
The fire, an eye witness said was believed to have been sparked by a faulty air conditioner at the location.
Personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service have rushed to the premises to bring the situation under control.
Officers and men of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) had rushed out of their offices to an assembly point while fire engines operated.
According to the Deputy Chief Fire Officer in charge of Operations at the GNFS, Mr. William Jesse Mensah, there was an explosion from an air conditioning unit at the building’s roof and that resulted in a near fire outbreak.
Briefing journalists at the scene, Mr. Mensah said the GNFS responded expeditiously, and in the process, identified the unit that was on fire.
“We used our turntable ladder to douse the fire. There is no damage or injury to anyone. The situation is under control and staff can go about their duties,” Mr. Mensah assured.