Over 200 structures were razed down after a candle flame torched an inflammable material in one of the wooden structure
An eight-month-old baby was believed to have been killed in an inferno after a wooden structure collapsed on him at Abuja slum close to the Cocoa Marketing Board (CMB).
Hundreds of makeshift structures at Abuja slum close to the Cocoa Marketing Board have been razed by a consuming fire, Tuesday evening.
The fire, which is said to have started around 8:00pm kept fire fighters from the Ghana National Service busy for many hours.
The unplanned nature of the slum made it difficult for the fire fighters to access the hotspots of the inferno that left destruction of properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis in its wake.
Affected residents believe an electrical fault may have caused the fire. Others believe a burning candle fell and started the fire.