Advertisement
NACOB sets fire to illicit drugs worth $2 million
___6899442___https:______static.pulse.com.gh___webservice___escenic___binary___6899442___2017___6___26___12___file6vjgeude328rzuqf92d
The decision to burn the drugs was a result of a court order to destroy drugs intercepted from criminals over the last 13 years. The drugs that were destroyed had been from cases that had already been dealt with.
Advertisement
The Narcotics Control Board (NACOB) has destroyed illicit drugs with a street value of two million dollars.
Advertisement
READ ALSO:Â Akufo-Addo visits Nigeria's acting president
The Ghana News Agency reports that "Mr Michael Addo, the Deputy Director of NACOB, said the illegal substances destroyed include heroin, cocaine, sativa, methamphetamine and cannabis seized at various points such as the Kotoka International Airport, the borders, Cargo Village and Ghana Post.
Mr Addo said the drugs were seized between 2003 and 2016 and that the destruction also formed part of the commemoration of the World Drugs Day which falls on June 26."
Advertisement
The controlled inferno happened at the Bundase Training Camp of the Ghana Armed Forces at Pampram in the Greater Accra Region under the supervision of the Ghana Standards Authority and the Environmental Protection Agency.
Advertisement
Subscribe
Sportal WhatsApp
Latest Videos
Pulse Ghana
A community of 80 members where women don't get pregnant
14.09.2018
Advertisement
Videos
Advertisement
Advertisement
More from Pulse Ghana
Advertisement