The new GHc5 note is to celebrate the Central Bank’s 60th anniversary, which coincides with Ghana’s 60th anniversary.
The note is to celebrate the Central Bank’s 60th anniversary, which coincides with Ghana’s 60th anniversary.
Below are some of the features on the new GHc 5 note
• The note comes with a new pulsating shine when tilted.
• The new note features an engraved portrait of Dr James Kwegyir Aggrey, a missionary and a teacher in the Gold Coast, who lived from October 18, 1875, to July 30, 1927. Dr James Kwegyir Aggrey contributed immensely to education to the then Gold Coast.
• The portrait is visible from both sides of the note when it is held towards a light.
• The note also has tactile markings to assist the visually impaired along with an intaglio portrait.
• The colour of the GH¢ 5 figure at the top left of the note, changes colour from green to blue when the note is tilted, as an additional feature
• The currency will be used alongside the old GHc 5 note.