- Mastercard, Amazon, Visa, and Microsoft are some of the most crowded trades. Tesla is also on the list.
- View Markets Insider for more stories.
Wall Street investment portfolios are starting to look similar.
Bernstein analyst Ann Larson showcased this phenomenon last month, showing that Visa, Microsoft, and Amazon were some of the most crowded trades, tracking institutional ownership, long-term momentum, earnings forecasts and valuations.
Traditionally, investors are drawn to stocks that have performed well and risen fast in the last 12 months Chipotle, and Starbucks were two of those stocks.
Tesla, which disappointed investors last week with a surprise miss in earnings, is also on the list.
Here's a list of the top 10 most crowded companies.
10. Nike (Market cap: $105 billion)
9. Thermo Fisher Scientific (Market cap: $114 billion)
8. Salesforce (Market cap $115 billion)
7. Honeywell International (Market cap $125 billion)
6. Abbott Laboratories (Market cap $142 billion)
5. Boeing (Market cap $197 billion)
4. Mastercard (Market cap: $267 billion)
3. Visa (Market cap: $298 billion)
2. Amazon (Market cap: $915 billion)
1. Microsoft (Market Cap: $1.08 trillion)
- An American family who moved to Nicaragua for a year to live cheaply ended up blowing their $30,000 budget thanks to unexpected costs but still spent less than life at home in the US
- I tried $95 'sleep glasses' that are designed for watching TV or surfing the web before bed, but they also took the edge off harsh office lighting
- A Facebook post prompted this popular men's underwear company to finally launch a line for women and it's worth every penny