- Not all famous people are as rich as everyone thinks they are.
- Abigail Disney , the granddaughter of The Walt Disney Company cofounder Roy Disney, is worth less than the company's current CEO, according to Forbes estimates.
- And despite their penchant for flashy displays of wealth, few Hollywood stars are actually billionaires .
Not all rich people with household names are part of the 0.01%. That's especially true of entertainers. Despite their penchant for flashy displays of wealth, few of Hollywood's elite are actually billionaires. Scandals, divorces, and even presidential campaigns have depressed the net worths of other people on this list.
Keep reading to learn more about the ultra-wealthy Americans who aren't quite as wealthy as most people assume they are.
- 11 billionaires who made their fortunes after immigrating to the US
- Elon Musk, who claims he's low on cash, recently sold his LA mansion for nearly $4 million and that was just one of several properties he owns in the area. Take a look inside his real-estate portfolio.
- Ken Griffin has spent $242 million on multiple condos in a Billionaires' Row tower on NYC's most expensive street. Here are the other big-name buyers in the building, from hedge-fund execs to a Brazilian heiress.