- Bill Gates is the second-richest person in the world after Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- The Microsoft cofounder is worth an estimated $104 billion, accordingto the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Gates is so rich that an average American spending $1 is comparable to Gates spending $1.06 million.
- Here are 11 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Gates really is.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Bill Gates is the second-richest person in the world. The Microsoft cofounder is worth an estimated $104 billion, accordingto the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
His wealth is surpassed only by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who has a current net worth of $118 billion.
The next-richest person after Gates is Bernard Arnault, the French businessman who runs luxury-goods empire LVMH and is worth an estimated $92 billion.
Gates is so rich that an average American spending $1 is similar to Gates spending $1.06 million. And that's after the Microsoft cofounder has given away approximately 27% of his net worth to charity over the years.
Here are 11 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Gates really is.
- I got access to the richest zip code in the US, an island off Miami where the average income is $2.2 million, the beaches have sand imported from the Bahamas, and the preferred mode of transportation is golf carts. Here's what it looks like.
- Miami's 'Billionaire Bunker' is a high-security island that has a 13-person police force for its 42 residents. A real-estate agent got me past the guardhouse here's what the exclusive community looks like.
- 13 easy things you can do to increase the value of your home, according to real-estate agents
SEE ALSO: Meet the billionaire behind iconic casinos like The Venetian and Marina Bay Sands, who's worth $37 billion, lives in a Vegas mansion, and has donated more than $25 million to Trump
DON'T MISS: Meet the Ambanis, Asia's richest family who live in a $1 billion skyscraper and mingle with royals, politicians, and Bollywood stars