- A clifftop California mansion with a high-tech automation system and an infinity pool just sold for $20.8 million, Douglas Elliman exclusively told Business Insider.
- According to Douglas Elliman, the ultra-modern San Diego home served as inspiration for Tony Stark's house in Marvel's "Iron Man" movies. Business Insider was not able to verify that claim, but several reports have pointed out the resemblance between the two houses.
- It's the most expensive house sold in the ritzy La Jolla seaside community so far in 2019, according to Douglas Elliman.
- The La Jolla home spans approximately 11,545 square feet and includes a state-of-the-art automation system that controls the lights, shades, and music via iPad, as well as a multi-tiered home movie theater.
- It also comes with an infinity pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
A clifftop California mansion that reportedly inspired Tony Stark's home in Marvel's "Iron Man" movies just sold for $20.8 million, Douglas Elliman exclusively told Business Insider.
The San Diego dwelling, listed by Matt and Josh Altman of Douglas Elliman, was asking $24.995 million.
Take a look inside the ultra-modern California home.
- President Trump suggested hosting the next G7 summit at his Miami golf resort. Here's a look inside all 16 golf courses he owns around the world.
- Billionaire David Koch owned at least $143 million of real estate in NYC, the Hamptons, Aspen, and Florida. Take a look at his lavish homes, from a $40 million Manhattan townhouse to a 13-bedroom Palm Beach villa.
- An 18th-century castle linked to the beheaded Mary, Queen of Scots has its own tavern and a cinema and it's on the market for $9.7 million. Here's what the renovated property looks like.