- On December 3, Forbes debuted their Class of 2020 "30 Under 30" list , honoring a total of 600 young "revolutionaries" (30 each across 20 industries).
- The list included a number of Gen Zers, defined by the Pew Research Center as those born after the year 1996 who are 22 or younger as of the end of calendar year 2019.
- The youngest person on the list is 14-year-old Soleil Wheeler, best known for being the first female to join FaZe Clan , a popular esports organization.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On December 3, Forbes released its latest 30 Under 30 list ,highlighting the most influential young game-changers across various industries.
A sizeable portion of the 200 honorees are Gen Z, proving that young people aren't waiting until they finish college to make an impact on the world. According to the Pew Research Center, Gen Z includes anyone who was born after the year 1996 and is 22 or under as of the end of 2019.
On this year's Forbes list, one of the most notable Gen Zers is 20-year-old Katie Eder .Eder is the founder of Future Coalition , a non-profit advocacy organization made up of over 40 youth-led organizations, and has led climate change rallies across the US .
There's also 19-year-old Phillip Youmans who, earlier this year, became the youngest and first Black American to win the Best Narrative Feature at the Tribeca film festival. He won with his film " Burning Cane ," which he wrote, directed, and produced during his last year in high school. Next, Youmans is set to direct a music video for "Hamilton" star Leslie Odom Jr.
Here are all the Gen Zers who made the list, in order from oldest to youngest.
All information about the honorees is sourced from Forbes unless otherwise noted.
- Amazon is opening an office in NYC's Hudson Yards. Here's a look inside the $25 billion development that that was financed with money meant for 'distressed' urban areas.
- Beyonc just gave a rare interview with Elle about motherhood and self-care. Here's how she spends her $400 million fortune, from yachting vacations to a private jet for Jay-Z.
- These are the watches worn by some of the most powerful businessmen and CEOs in the world