- Washing your car yourself is a basic task, but as with many things, there are some details and tricks that are worth knowing.
- You can get the job done with most cars in ten simple steps.
- That includes a wax job and tire treatment!
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When I was a kid growing up, I washed my family's cars almost every single weekend in the summer.
Over the years, I got quite good at it and boiled the whole process down to ten easy steps.
These days, I often run my cars through a local car wash, but every once in a while, I break out the sponge, buckets, and old towels to do the job myself. I'm old school, but if you prefer, you can buy specialized car-wash gear quite easily online or at auto stores, to do a more professional job.
Here's how my system works:
- I drove a $90,000 Jaguar F-PACE SVR to see if it's the best value in high-performance SUVs here's the verdict
- I flew on one of American Airlines' smallest jets and now I'm a huge fan
- LeBron James has a wild collection of unique and expensive cars see 13 of the most iconic vehicles in his garage
FOLLOW US: On Facebook for more car and transportation content!