- Jeff Bezos , the richest man in the world, has had a long, wild summer, by the looks of it.
- After the terms of his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos were finalized in early July , he attended a string of high-profile events with famous friends and traveled all over Europe with his girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez.
- Below, take a look at the timeline of what the Amazon CEO was up to this summer.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Jeff Bezos has had a busy year.
He continued to helm Amazon and invest in advancements like space exploration , but his personal life was put on display in a whole new way. He and MacKenzie Bezos finalized their divorce in July and he started a relationship with Lauren Sanchez .
And what do you wear if you're a billionaire taking trips to Venice and yachting around the coast of Spain? In Bezos' case, it looks like the answer is octopus-print Vilebrequin swim trunks and Prada flip flops that retail for roughly $500.
Keep reading to take a look at what Bezos has been up to this summer, from the exotic locales he's visited to the famous friends he's spent time with.
A company spokesperson declined to comment on Bezos' summer travels when reached by Business Insider.
- A day in the life of Sotheby's International Realty's CMO, who wakes up at 5:30 a.m., commutes from New York to New Jersey every day, and has chickens named after 'Real Housewives' characters
- The 12 best luxury hotel brands in the world that every traveler should experience
- Meet the 30-year-old cofounders of SmileDirectClub, Jordan Katzman and Alex Fenkell, who just became 2 of the youngest billionaires in the US