- Husband and wife duo Andrew and Peggy Cherng are the co-CEOs of Panda Restaurant Group, the company behind Panda Express.
- Over the course of 35 years, the husband and wife team have overseen Panda Express' growth from a single restaurant in a California mall to a 2,000-restaurant worldwide empire, The New York Times' Kerry Hanon reported in 2018.
- The couple has a combined net worth of $3 billion, Forbes estimates.
Over the course of 45 years, college sweethearts Andrew and Peggy Cherng have grown Panda Express from a single restaurant in a southern California mall to a 2,000-location empire around the world.
The married couple founded the company in the early 1980s and continues to own and operate every Panda Express themselves. Today, the Cherngs have amassed a combined net worth of $3 billion, Forbes estimates, making them two of the richest people in fast food.
But the Cherngs weren't always on track to build a fast-food empire. Keep reading to learn how the Cherngs built their multibillion-dollar fortune.
- 5 books Bill Gates wants you to read this holiday season
- Giorgio Armani just bought a $17.5 million penthouse in NYC. Take a look at how one of the richest men in fashion spends his fortune, from a 213-foot yacht to homes in Italy and the Caribbean.
- Ousted WeWork CEO Adam Neumann might be selling part of his Manhattan compound, according to reports
SEE ALSO: White Claw billionaire Anthony von Mandl got his start selling wine out of his car. Here's how he built a $3.4 billion fortune off the hard seltzers and lemonades that have redefined booze for bros.