- Business Insider has compiled a list of the richest people in the fashion industry, based on Forbes' Real Time Billionaires ranking.
- The list includes designers, founders, CEOs, and heiresses who have made their fortunes in fashion, from haute couture to fast fashion.
- Fashion's richest billionaires are behind luxury brands such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci , and Chanel, and fast fashion retailers including Uniqlo and Zara .
- The 15 richest people in the fashion industry are worth a combined $395.6 billion.
- The richest person in fashion is French businessman Bernard Arnault, the chairman of LVMH , who's worth $105.7 billion.
Fashion is a $2.5 trillion global industry that has made its leading players, from designers and CEOs to founders and heiresses, very rich.
Business Insider has compiled a list of the richest people in the fashion industry, based on Forbes' Real Time Billionaires ranking and the top 15 are worth a combined $395.6 billion.
The wealthiest person in fashion is Bernard Arnault, the chairman of LVMH , the world's largest maker of luxury goods that's behind brands such as Louis Vuitton, Dom Perignon, Christian Dior, and as of November 2019, Tiffany & Co. Arnault is the world's third-richest person with an estimated net worth of $105.7 billion.
Others on the list include Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, the Japanese billionaire behind Uniqlo, and the Spanish retail mogul who owns Zara.
Read on for the 15 richest people in the fashion industry, ranked in ascending order.
Bobbie Edsor contributed to an earlier version of this story.
- Giorgio Armani just bought a $17.5 million penthouse in NYC. Take a look at how one of the richest men in fashion spends his fortune, from a 213-foot yacht to homes in Italy and the Caribbean.
- Ousted WeWork CEO Adam Neumann might be selling part of his Manhattan compound, according to reports
- These are the 10 hottest destinations billionaires are traveling to in 2020
SEE ALSO: Bernard Arnault is the world's third-richest person and CEO of LVMH, which just finalized a deal to buy Tiffany. Here's how the French billionaire makes and spends his $100 billion fortune.
NOW READ: The 9 most valuable luxury brands in the world