- The largest homes currently on the market in the US range from 32,000 to 70,000 square feet.
- We teamed up with Zillow to take a look at the largest homes for sale, from a historic Virginia manor to a recently renovated Bel Air mansion.
The largest home for sale in the US is a whopping 70,000-square-foot abandoned Philadelphia mansion. To offer some context, that about 15,000 square feet larger than the White House.
We teamed up with Zillow to look at the largest homes currently on the US housing market, including Red Sox owner John Henry's Florida vacation home and Cher's former Beverly Hills estate . Other luxury properties in the top 25 range from a historic Virginia manor to a recently renovated Bel Air mansion with room to park 80 cars.
Many of these homes have been on the market for years, as luxury homes have become hard to sell . Previous reporting from Business Insider's Lina Batarags shows that customized houses like many of the country's largest are hard to sell as they include extremely personalized features that do not appeal to every buyer.
Keep reading for a look at the largest homes for sale in the US:
- The Greenwich Village townhouse where the late Malcolm Forbes threw extravagant parties for CEOs and celebs just sold for $20 million take a look inside.
- Photo reveal: A $34 million San Francisco mansion billed as a 'wellness home' has a sauna, yoga studio, and filtration system that changes all the air in the house every 2 hours. Take a look inside.
- The 13 biggest mistakes people make when buying a home, according to real-estate agents