- Marvel Studios released a new trailer and poster for " Avengers: Endgame " Thursday.
- Take a close look at the poster and you'll notice a few names of characters we weren't 100% positive we'd see in the film Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Benedict Wong.
- The big surprise on the poster is Wong. He played Doctor Strange's sidekick in the 2016 movie.
- Paltrow has previously said she would appear in "Endgame." She and Favreau appear in the new "Spider-Man: Far From Home" trailer. That movie is supposed to take place after "Endgame."
Marvel released a new trailer and poster for " Avengers: Endgame " Thursday. And while you may be watching the trailer over and over again for hints at the plot , you should really give a closer look at the poster.
It reveals the names of three characters we weren't positive we would see in the film: Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Benedict Wong, who play Happy Hogan, Pepper Potts, and Wong.
Paltrow has said she would be back in some way for the fourth "Avengers" movie , so that reveal wasn't as surprising to us. Happy Hogan recently appeared in the "Spider-Man: Far From Home" trailer where Potts' name could be visibly seen . We imagined we weren't seeing the last of them.
The big surprise was seeing Wong's name there. We last saw Doctor Strange's friend, also named Wong in the MCU, helping Tony Stark in New York City. We're not sure whether or not he survived the events at the end of "Infinity War" when Thanos wiped away half the universe's population .
Does this mean Wong's alive and survived the Thanos snap at the end of "Infinity War"? No.
This is an easy conclusion to make, but this just means he's in the movie in some way, shape, or form. He could have survived the Snap, but it's also heavily inferred "Endgame" will involve time travel in some capacity. We could be seeing Wong in the past.
If the "Avengers" go back in time and manage to undo the consequences of Thanos' actions, we could also be seeing a version of Wong at the movie's end if he's reunited with Doctor Strange.
If Wong survived the Snappening, he could probably be helpful to Tony Stark and the gang.
Wong seemed to know all of the history of the universe. For instance, he knew the Infinity Stones ( more on those here ) were created during the Big Bang Theory and knew they all needed protection. If he's alive, he may have some sort of answer for what should occur if all of the Infinity Stones are ever gathered and used by one person.
If not, he may have knowledge of and be able to access what Doctor Strange meant in "Infinity War" when Strange told Tony Stark they were in the "Endgame" now.
We'll have to wait and see until "Avengers: Endgame" is in theaters Friday, April 26 to know exactly how and when Wong appears in the movie, but we're glad to see more of him.
- Read more:
- 'Avengers' fans are freaking out over Thor's first impression of Captain Marvel in the new 'Endgame' trailer
- 13 details you may have missed in the new "Avengers: Endgame" trailer
- Black Widow's hair color in the new 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer could be a hint at a potential time jump
- 'Captain Marvel' has 2 end-credits scenes here's what they mean for 'Avengers: Endgame'
- Here are all the Marvel movies referenced in the newest 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer