- Barbra Streisand's former NYC penthouse is on the market for $11.25 million. Fox Residential has the listing.
- The singer sold it 18 years ago to its current owners for $4.25 million, according to listing agent Barbara Fox .
- The penthouse comes with a $12,000 monthly maintenance bill, which covers the general upkeep of the building, the staffing of the building, taxes , and mortgage interest.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
According to Fox, Streisand sold the penthouse 18 years ago to its current owners for $4.25 million.
Streisand isn't the only celebrity who has called the penthouse home. Fox also confirmed to Business Insider that before the Ardsley started to sell its units, it served as a rental building where Lorenz Hart, a famous l yricist known for his partnership with composer Richard Rodgers from 1919 to 1943 , rented the space.
The entire penthouse totals 6,236 square feet with 11- to 12-foot-high ceilings. It has four bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a corner library, and a $12,000 monthly maintenance bill, according to Fox.
Keep reading for a look inside the penthouse .
- Forget San Francisco these 6 global cities have thriving tech hubs that could make them the next Silicon Valley
- Take a look inside the pair of twisting glass towers in NYC that's drawing attention from international billionaire buyers, from Jeff Bezos to New Zealand's richest person
- There are only 3 Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Texas, and one just hit the market for $2.85 million. Take a look at the home and its original furnishings.