- Over a dozen of the top 35 richest people in the world according to Forbes real-time data have children under the age of 40.
- Many of these children are poised to inherit billions from their superrich parents, while others will receive smaller cuts due to their parents signing the Giving Pledge.
- From Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's toddlers to Bernard Arnault's LVMH executive sons, here's a closer look at some of the world's wealthiest heirs and heiresses.
From preschool toddlers to high-ranking executives, the heirs of some of the world's wealthiest are poised to inherit massive fortunes.
Many of the young heirs of famous billionaires including the children of the richest people in tech and the richest people in business will receive large inheritances, if they haven't already. Meanwhile, other billionaires have promised to give some, most, or, in Warren Buffett 's case, all, of their wealth away.
We looked at the 35 richest individuals and families in the world using real-time data from Forbes' billionaire index . We listed those who have children under the age of 40 and ordered the list of heirs by their parent's wealth, beginning with Jeff Bezos currently the richest person alive .
For the purposes of this list, we looked only at the billionaires' direct descendants and excluded grandkids. Notably, this methodology means that some high-profile billionaires' grandchildren amongst them Franois Pinault's grandson of the same name , Francoise Bettencourt Meyers' grandson who was called " The Prince of L'Oreal ," and the Walton grandchildren are not included in the round-up.
Keep reading for a look at some of the wealthiest heirs in the world.
- Before he was a billionaire, WeWork CEO Adam Neumann was broke. Here's the NYC building where he and his wife lived in a tiny apartment before he built a $47 billion company
- Billionaire hedge-fund manager Steve Cohen just sold his New York City condo for $30 million. Take a look inside the West Village triplex, which sold after just 32 days on the market
- 17 real-estate agents reveal the worst parts of their jobs, from the lack of steady income to being on call 24/7
SEE ALSO: 13 times the heirs to massive fortunes disappeared under mysterious or disturbing circumstances
READ MORE: Meet the Mars family, heirs to the Snickers and M&M's candy empire, who spent years avoiding the limelight and are Americas third-wealthiest family 'dynasty'