- Billionaires can afford vacations many will never experience.
- Business Insider teamed up with luxury travel agency Original Travel to find the hottest spots billionaires are heading to in 2020.
- Billionaires are seeking less-traveled destinations and places that offer intimate luxury cruise experiences, but they're also interested in a few more popular countries.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Billionaires are always on-the-go, even when they're vacationing.
Business Insider teamed up with boutique luxury travel agency Original Travel , which plans trips for high-net-worth individuals, to find out the hottest spots the elite are spending their money on in 2020. They based this ranking on the number of bookings and performance; the latter was assessed by feedback, their expertise, and client inquiries.
Overall, billionaires are seeking out the unknown and the exclusive, from off-the-beaten path Kyrgyzstan to Nicaragua, newly removed from the FCO travel warning list. They're also looking to set sail, opting for intimate luxury cruises in far-flung destinations like the Maldives and Antarctica.
While they seem to have a taste for the exotic, they're also headed to the Middle East and Europe to visit a few more well-traveled countries.
Here are the destinations the ultra-wealthy will be checking off their bucket lists in the new decade.
- Amazon is opening a new office in New York City. Here are 11 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy CEO Jeff Bezos really is.
- A researcher who interviewed 45 millionaires and billionaires found that they all shared a similar trait: a problem with authority
- Millennials are taking multiple 'micro-cations' instead of long trips, and it says a lot about their work-life balance priorities