- FG has revealed the names of new board members of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
- The composition of the board includes representatives from all the geo-political zones of the country.
- The nominees are awaiting Nigerian Senate confirmation.
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Nigerian Senate to confirm the appointment of Muhammad Mamman Nami as the new executive chairman and board members of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Nami's appointment was announced on Monday, replacing ex-Chair of the revenue agency, Babatunde Fowler - an ally of Nigeria's vice president, whose tenure ended the same day.
The nominees for the board include:
- James Yakwen Ayuba, North Central;
- Ado Danjuma, North West;
- Adam Baba Mohammed, North-East;
- Ikeme Osakwe, South-East;
- Adewale Ogunyomade, South West
- Ehile Adetola Aibangbee, South-South.
The Chairman-nominee, Muhammad Nami, is from the North Central.
In a statement issued by the government on Tuesday, other members of the new FIRS Nigeria Board include Representatives of Ministries, Departments and agencies of government, including Ladidi Bara'atu Mohammed, Office of Attorney-General of the Federation; Godwin Emefiele, Central Bank of Nigeria; Fatima Hayatu, Ministry of Finance; Maagbe Adaa, Revenue Mobilization Allocation, and Fiscal Commission; Umar Ajiya, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation; DCG Isah, Nigeria Customs Service, and Registrar General, Corporate Affairs Commission.