- Woolery, who is a conservative, accused the CDC and doctors of lying about the coronavirus.
- Woolery did not specify what lies were being told, but alleged it was "all about the election" suggesting that the agency was emphasizing bad news to harm Trump's campaign.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
President Donald Trump retweeted a tweet Monday morning which accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of lying about the coronavirus in order to obstruct his reelection.
The original tweet was written by Chuck Woolery, a game show host who is also a conservative.
The tweet reads: "The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust.
"I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it."
The message did not make clear what lies the CDC is supposed to be responsible for. Trump and those around him have expressed skepticism in the organization and other government experts before.
Business Insider reached out to the White House for comment retweet of Woolery's message, but did not immediately receive a response.
NOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdown
- Japan is 'shocked' and furious at the US after a major coronavirus outbreak at 2 Marine bases in Okinawa and says the US is not taking the virus seriously
- These 7 stories from Mary Trump's book show Trump's deep-rooted, strained relationship with his family
- The federal government is due to execute its first inmate in 17 years after a court said it didn't need to pause due to COVID-19