- The finish of the race was marred by an ugly wreck in which the leader, Ryan Newman, was spun out, hitting the wall hard and then flipping into the air.
- Newman's car eventually landed on its roof with parts of the car in flames.
- Newman was eventually removed from the car and taken directly to a local hospital. There was no word on his condition.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Here is the wreck as it happened live on Fox.
Here is the replay.
- Before-and-after photos show how dramatically presidents aged in office
- How 31-year-old Hope Hicks became the youngest White House communications director in history and a top executive at Fox before returning to counsel Trump
- Taking a page from George W. Bush, Trump attends the Daytona 500 amid his bid for re-election