Ghana Black Stars midfielder, Thomas Partey has failed to the Confederation of African Football’s ten-man shortlist for the 2018 African footballer of the year award.
This comes after the African football governing body released the pruned list of footballers today, December 14, 2018.
Partey who also plays for Atletico Madrid in Spain was part of the initial 34-man list that was released by CAF earlier but his name has been left out after CAF Technical and Development Committee voted to select the final ten.
Surprisingly, Senegal and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly could not also make it among the final ten.
The list will be trimmed again to just three before the Awards Gala will come off on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at Dakar in Senegal.
These are the final ten CAF selected
1. Alex Iwobi - Nigeria & Arsenal
2. Andre Onana - Cameroon & Ajax
3. Anis Badri - Tunisia & Esperance
4. Denis Onyango - Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns
5. Mehdi Benatia - Morocco & Juventus
6. Mohamed Salah - Egypt & Liverpool
7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Gabon & Arsenal
8. Riyad Mahrez - Algeria & Manchester City
9. Sadio Mane - Senegal & Liverpool
10. Walid Soliman - Egypt & Ahly