- Ighalo joined United from Chinese side Shanghai Greenland Shenhua at the end of last month, however has since been confined to training alone at the National Taekwondo Center.
- The BBC reported that he has been omitted from United's winter training camp in Spain due to worries he may not be able to re-enter the UK.
- Official advice on travellers coming to the UK from China is that they should quarantine themselves for 14 days.
- Ighalo arrived in the UK 11 days ago, and is in United's squad to face Chelsea on Monday at Stamford Bridge, where he could make his debut.
- Read more of our soccer coverage here.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The BBC report that the former Chinese Super League striker has been omitted from United's winter training camp in Spain.
The report says the club made the decision due to the risk posed by the virus, and concerns Ighalo may not be allowed back in the UK should he travel.
Ighalo joined United on loan from Shanghai Greenland Shenhua at the end of January, however has since been confined to training alone at the National Taekwondo Center, a short distance from Old Trafford, according to the BBC.
The Nigerian striker will continue to train here while his teammates are in the Costa del Sol.
Official advice on travellers coming to the UK from China is that they quarantine themselves for 14 days. Ighalo landed in the country 11 days ago, meaning he will likely be free to join up with the rest of United's squad at the weekend.
The 30-year-old has also been named in United's squad to face Chelsea on Monday night at Stamford Bridge, where manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he could make his debut.
"Yeah, [Ighalo] is going to travel with us," the Norwegian coach said, according to NBC Sports. "We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp.
"We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us."
The death toll in China from the coronavirus is now more than 1,360, while more than 60,000 people in total have been infected. Nine cases have been reported in the UK.