- Ryan Moore aced the iconic par-3 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass on Thursday.
- Moore, two under at the time, went four under thanks to the pin-shot eagle.
- Moore finished the day three shots behind current tournament leader Tommy Fleetwood. There are three rounds of golf left to play in The Players Championship.
- Watch the hole-in-one right here.
Ryan Moore just nailed one of the shots of the year. The American, 36, slammed his ball into the pin and then the hole at the world renowned 17th at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
It is one of the most famous holes in golf because of an "island green" (it is actually a peninsula) that is surrounded by unforgiving water.
Countless balls will have been lost in that water through the years and for those that carry over to the island, there is also a bunker and merciless slopes to contend with.
But Moore avoided the hazards, attacked the flag, and scratched the number one into his scorecard the ninth ace in The Players Championship tournament history, and the first since Sergio Garcia's hole-in-one in 2017.
Watch Moore's incredible shot right here:
Here's the flight of the ball:
The eagle meant Moore, who was two under at the time, went four under which is the score he finished with having parred the 18th.
Moore is three shots behind current tournament leader Tommy Fleetwood, as the Englishman finished seven under for the day. Other notable scores include 5th placed Rory McIlroy who is five under and the American golfer Dustin Johnson who is 12th with a first day score of -3.
The second round takes place on Friday, ahead of the third round on Saturday, and final round on Sunday.
The winner scoops a $2.25 million payday.
- The Senate votes to terminate Trump's national emergency in a stunning rebuke, and the president will have to use his first veto to get his border wall
- A sleep expert explains what happens to your body and brain if you don't get enough sleep
- 13 apps for your iPhone that are better than the ones Apple made