- The report initially referred to Affleck's dining partner as a "mystery blonde," but she was quickly identified by social media users as Powell-Jobs.
- The nature of their relationship is unclear, but it could have been business related: Powell-Jobs is an investor in Affleck's nonprofit , the Eastern Congo Initiative.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Ben Affleck and Laurene Powell-Jobs reportedly dined together Tuesday night for nearly three hours at a Los Angeles restaurant.
The Daily Mail reported Wednesday on the dinner between the well-known actor, 47, and the 55-year-old Powell-Jobs. The publication first reported Affleck having dinner with a "mystery blonde," but many were quick to chime in on social media that the woman is indeed the wife to the late Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
The two reportedly got dinner at Giorgio Baldi , a high-end Italian restaurant located in Santa Monica, California. The pair spent nearly three hours at the restaurant, and arrived and left separately, according to the Daily Mail.
Read more: Steve Jobs' widow, Laurene Powell Jobs, is worth $21.3 billion take a look at how the philanthropist spends her fortune, from a $16.5 million home in San Francisco to a multimillion-dollar yacht
It's unclear how exactly the two are connected, but both Affleck and Powell-Jobs are active in philanthropic work, so the dinner could have been business related. Powell-Jobs, who heads up the nonprofit Emerson Collective, is listed as an investor in Affleck's Eastern Congo Initiative , an organization dedicated to helping the people of eastern Congo in Africa.
- A glimpse into the subculture of e-girls and e-boys, the teen gamers who are the radical antithesis of the Instagram influencer
- WeWork is reportedly considering selling its stake in women's coworking space The Wing
- I don't have a baby, so I tested a smart baby monitor by watching my pet hedgehog all night here's what I discovered