- She'll replace Jackie Lee-Joe, who joined Netflix in July 2019.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
She'll replace Jackie Lee-Joe, who joined Netflix in July 2019.
"I'm thrilled to join Netflix, especially at a time when storytelling is critical to our global, societal well-being," Saint John said, according to Deadline . "I feel honored to contribute my experience to an already dynamic legacy, and to continue driving engagement in the future."
Netflix did not immediately return a request for comment.
Saint John, a former Apple Music marketing exec who has also worked as Uber's chief brand officer, joined Endeavor in 2018 . Endeavor is the parent company of Hollywood talent agency WME. She joined Uber in 2017 as the company dealt with scandals that forced former CEO Travis Kalanick to resign.
"Bozoma Saint John is an exceptional marketer who understands how to drive conversations around popular culture better than almost anyone," Netflix content boss Ted Sarandos said, according to Deadline. "As we bring more great stories to our members around the world, she'll define and lead our next exciting phase of creativity and connection with consumers."
Lee-Joe, the former BBC Studios marketing boss, came to Netflix in July 2019 and leaves after less than a year on the job. During her time at Netflix, she spearheaded marketing strategies behind Netflix original movies "The Irishman," which was nominated for the Oscar for best picture, and "6 Underground."
- Netflix leads its rivals in original TV shows by a wide margin in both quantity and quality, according to new data analysis
- 8 streaming TV shows that are trending this week, from Netflix's 'The Politician' to HBO Max's 'Search Party'
- Why 5 'South Park' episodes aren't available on HBO Max, the show's new streaming home