- Musk tweeted back saying he used parts from a junkyard to repair the car, and in the photo he's fixing a broken window.
- "The circle is complete," he added, referring back to the Tesla's unveiling of the Cybertruck, when its supposedly armored windows shattered.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk's mother tweeted a throwback picture to the Tesla billionaire tinkering with an old car.
Maye Musk shared the photograph on Tuesday, and said it was from 1995. In the picture Musk is 24, and is eight years off cofounding Tesla.
Elon Musk commented underneath the tweet, adding some color. "Couldn't afford to pay for repairs, so I fixed almost everything on that car from parts in the junkyard," he said.
"Ironically, that's me replacing broken side window glass. The circle is complete lol," he added. This is a nod to the recent unveiling of Tesla's first pickup truck, the Cybertruck, where a demonstration intended to show the truck's windows were extremely strong ended up shattering the glass .
Musk has already been seen tooling around in a Cybertruck , two years before the vehicle is due to be available to consumers. Footage this weekend showed the billionaire running down a traffic sign .
NOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to space
- Elon Musk appears to have mowed down a traffic sign in Tesla's new Cybertruck over the weekend
- Elon Musk has spent $100 million on 7 lavish houses, including one with a ballroom and flower-arranging room
- Tesla refused to help the police with an investigation into stolen copper wire after Elon Musk learned about the incident because the company was scared of bad press