- This change will also prompt you to change your Apple ID payment method and billing address, to match your new residence.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
If you move to a different country, you'll want to change your iPhone country settings to make the permanent switch unlike traveling abroad temporarily.
You can easily change your iPhone's country in the Settings app, where you'll also be asked to change your payment method and billing address.
Before changing your iPhone's country settings, you will want to take measures to make your transition as easy as possible, such as cancelling subscriptions on your iPhone , including cancelling Apple Music . Once you change your country, wait until you've paid your last subscription bills, then resubscribe.
Additionally, you'll want to spend any store credit saved to your iTunes & App Store account, as it won't transfer over with you. You can also go ahead and proactively remove your current credit card , as you'll be prompted to enter new payment information once you select your new country.
You may have difficulty changing your country if you're part of a Family Sharing group . You can find and change your Family Sharing details in your Settings app as well.
Keep reading for instructions on how to change your iPhone's country.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the country on your iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone .
2. Tap your name at the top of the page. This will bring you to your account details.
3. Tap on iTunes & App Store.
4. The top of the iTunes & App Store page should show your Apple ID. If you're not signed in, tap to sign in at this time.
5. Tap your Apple ID and then tap "View Apple ID" in the pop-up menu. You may be asked to enter your password or Touch ID to proceed.
6. This will bring you to your Account Settings page. Select "Country/Region" to change your current country settings.
7. Tap "Change Country or Region."
8. Select your new country from the list.
9. You will then be asked to review and agree to the new Terms & Conditions associated with your new country. Be aware that this form may not be available in English. Tap "Agree" at the top-right hand corner of the screen to confirm your changes.
10. You can then proceed to enter your new payment information and the billing address for your new residence. Once this information is confirmed, you will have successfully changed the country on your iPhone .
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change the language on your iPhone, and separately change the language that Siri speaks and understands
- 'Why does my iPhone go straight to voicemail?': How to troubleshoot your iPhone to ensure it rings when you get a call
- 'Why is my iPhone camera black?': How to fix your iPhone camera is it isn't working properly
- How to backup an iPhone to iCloud, your computer, or an external hard drive
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple's lightning cable
- How to add words to your iPhone dictionary with Text Replacement, so your iPhone automatically recognizes them when you type
- How to attach a file in an iPhone email using the new format bar in Mail with iOS 13, or in the Gmail app
- How to turn on Location Services on a Mac computer, for using apps like Maps, Weather, and more