- You can change your Snapchat password in both cases by going to your account settings and finding the "Password" option.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Snapchat is a fun and handy social app for when you want to share captioned photos and video clips with friends.
It's also got other features, including group chats, the ability to save your photos and videos within the app, and even a "My Eyes Only" feature that further password protects sensitive photos.
With all of this, and other personal information stored on the app, you'll definitely want to make sure that you have a secure password and that you change it periodically to make sure your account stays safe.
Here's how to change your Snapchat password, or reset it if you've forgotten it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Snapchat password
2. Tap the icon in the top left corner of the screen. It will either be an image of your most recent story, your Bitmoji, or a generic person-shaped icon.
3. Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. It is shaped like a gear.
4. Under "MY ACCOUNT" in the Settings menu, scroll until you find the option labeled "Password," and tap it.
5. Enter your old password.
6. Enter and then confirm your new password.
How to reset your Snapchat password if you've forgotten it
If you've forgotten your password, don't worry, there's a simple fix for that, too. You can use the same first four steps above, and then follow along from here:
1. Tap "Forgot your password?" under the entry field.
2. In the pop-up menu, you can select either an email or phone number to have a code sent to. We recommend phone number, because it's quicker. However, if you choose email, these instructions are still applicable: Just look for the code in your inbox instead of your text messages.
3. Check to make sure your phone number is correct, then select "Send via SMS."
4. Enter the confirmation code once it's sent to your phone.
5. Enter and confirm your new password.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change your Snapchat display name since you can't change your username
- How to find and add someone on Snapchat on iPhone or Android, in 3 different ways
- How to tell if someone has blocked you on Snapchat
- How to delete or block friends on Snapchat on an iPhone or Android
- How to make a group chat on Snapchat, to send private Snaps and messages to multiple people at once
NOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to space
- 'What are subscriptions on Snapchat?': Here's what you need to know, including how to subscribe to accounts in the Discover tab
- How to use Roku search to find content across channels
- How to delete your Google Voice number, and what it means for your account