- The Instagram cache stored on your iPhone helps images load quicker and makes navigating the app a smoother experience.
- But you may want to clear an overloaded Instagram cache on your iPhone , as it can free up valuable space and help your phone and the app work better.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
When you scroll through that busy Instagram feed of yours, you probably take it for granted how quickly the images load.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear Instagram cache on your iPhone
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Tap on the General tab.
3. Tap the iPhone Storage tab.
4. Wait for all apps to load, then scroll down to Instagram and tap it.
5. Tap "Delete App," then confirm.
6. Go to the App Store app and redownload Instagram.
Your account will still be there with all your followers in place and all your past posts intact the images and data will simply have been removed from your phone, giving you much needed free space.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- 'Why is my iPhone slow?': 7 tips to keep your iPhone running like it's new
- How to clear the 'other' storage on your iPhone by deleting cache and system files that take up valuable space
- How to clear the cache on your iPhone to free up storage space and help it run faster
- How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
- How to set up a Family Sharing plan on your iPhone to share apps and more between up to 6 people
- How to measure the distance between multiple points on Google Maps on your computer or phone
- How to delete duplicate contacts on your iPhone in 4 steps