- The keyboard shortcut to close all windows on a Mac is option + command + W. This shortcut should work on most browsers.
- Or, you can click on File and select Close All Windows in the drop-down menu. This option may not be available on browsers other than Safari.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
There are plenty of reasons why you may need to close all of your internet tabs at once.
Perhaps you were simultaneously browsing Reddit, Facebook, and The Onion while at work and your boss just walked into the room. Or maybe you have lots of holiday gift ideas on your screen and your spouse just leaned in through the doorway.
Even worse, your Mac might be starting to heat up and slow down because of all those windows you haven't bothered to close. Whatever the reason, you can close all windows on a Mac in seconds flat.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to close all your windows on a Mac computer
To close all Mac browser windows with a keyboard shortcut, hold down the option and command keys (the latter is known to some as the Apple key) and then press W. This shortcut should work on most browsers, like Safari and Google Chrome.
To close all Mac windows in Safari with your mouse or trackpad, click "File" at the top of the screen then simply select "Close All Windows." You may not have this option when using other browsers.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to turn on private browsing on a Mac computer in Safari
- How to update the Safari browser on your Mac computer by installing the latest version of macOS
- How to enable Adobe Flash Player on a Mac computer using Safari
- How to block pop-ups on a Mac computer's Safari browser, and avoid fraudulent websites
- How to add websites to your Favorites list on a Mac's Safari browser, making them easily accessible at any moment
- How to clear Steam's cache on your PC or Mac to make the gaming app run more efficiently
- How to delete the Steam gaming application on your Mac, and make sure it doesn't leave any data behind
- How to delete a guest user account on your Mac computer
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy