- You can get OneNote as a part of a Microsoft 365 subscription, or use the free version.
- To download OneNote for mobile devices, you'll need to go to your app store.
- OneNote is similar to Evernote; it's Microsoft's note-taking app that is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories .
OneNote, Microsoft's note-taking app that's a part of the Microsoft Office suite, is available for Windows and the Mac, as well as for iOS and Android devices.
OneNote is similar to note-taking apps like Evernote and uses a notebook-like structure to help you keep your information organized. You can establish multiple notebooks, and each one can have various sections with unlimited pages. You can type free-form notes, insert photos and video clips, add links, embed audio clips, and more.
While you can purchase OneNote as part of a subscription to Microsoft 360, OneNote is also available for free. The free version is called OneNote 2016 and is the version that initially appeared with Office 2016. It includes most, but not all, of the features found in the latest version of OneNote that comes in Microsoft 365.
Here is how to get the free version.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to download OneNote
Downloading OneNote is straightforward, though the version you download depends in part on what device you are trying to install it on.
Here are all the download locations for the free version of OneNote:
- Download OneNote on Windows
- Download OneNote on Mac
- Download OneNote on iPad
- Download OneNote on iPhone
- Download OneNote on Android
Once on the page for your OneNote version, click the Download button to get OneNote for Windows or Mac. If you're using a mobile device, you can download the program from your device's app store.
After downloading OneNote for Windows or the Mac, find the downloaded file in your web browser's file manager and run the file to start the installer and set up OneNote.
If you prefer, you can purchase OneNote for Windows or the Mac by subscribing to Microsoft 365 .
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- How to download and access Microsoft PowerPoint on your Mac computer
- How to download Zoom on your Mac computer so you can host meetings and keep track of your calls
- How to change the download location on a Windows 10 computer, and choose a new folder for your downloads
- How to download apps on your Chromebook through the Google Play Store
- How to download a folder from Google Drive to your PC or Mac computer