- In your slideshow, you'll be able to customize things like slide transitions and background music.
- There's also the option to create an "Instant" slideshow. It's a bit faster to create, but less customizable than building one yourself.
Photo slideshows can be a fun way to remember a trip, or any experience.
And if you have a Mac , making a slideshow complete with background music and fun slide transitions is exceedingly easy to do.
You can either build a slideshow from scratch, or have your Mac's Photos app make an "instant" one for you.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make a slideshow on a Mac
Provided you already know which photos you want to include in your slideshow, this should be a quick and easy process:
2. Select your photos (by clicking on the first one, then press and hold the Command key and click each subsequent photo you want in your slideshow).
3. In the top toolbar, select "File," then "Create," then "Slideshow," and finally "Photos."
4. Add your slideshow name this will appear at the beginning of the slideshow, so you may wish to change it from the suggested date-based name Apple will give it and click "Ok."
5. You can change the theme (like sliding panels or vintage prints), as well as the accompanying music and slide transitions, by clicking the icons on the right side of the slideshow.
6. When you're ready, click "Export" to change the saved location of your new slideshow, otherwise you'll be able to access it through the "My Projects" section of Photos.
If you need to reorder your photos, that's an easy task: Just click and drag each photo into the position you prefer.
How to play an instant slideshow on a Mac
You can select the theme and music for instant slideshows, but other than that, they aren't customizable. Here's how to make an instant slideshow:
1. Open the Photos app and, if necessary, click "Photos" in the sidebar, followed by "Moments" (located in the top toolbar of that window).
2. Select some photos within one "Moment" (these are separated out according to date) again, you'll need to click the first photo, then hold the Command key down while selected each additional photo.
3. In the top toolbar, click "File" and then "Play Slideshow."
4. In the pop-up slideshow window, select the theme and music.
5. Click "Play Slideshow."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to set your browser's homepage on a Mac, with instructions for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
- How to use Parental Controls to block websites on a Mac to help protect children or to increase productivity
- How to set a password on your Mac computer and lock it, in 5 different ways
- How to create folders on a Mac computer and organize your files
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple's lightning cable
- How to invert the colors on your Mac computer's display, and change your display settings with keyboard shortcuts
- How to start your Mac computer in 'Safe Mode,' to diagnose problems and track down troublesome programs
- How to block pop-ups on a Mac computer's Safari browser, and avoid fraudulent websites
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy