- To change cookie settings on your Android device for a Google Chrome browser, you'll need to open the Chrome app and go through its settings.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Cookies are data created by websites you visit to help improve your browsing experience. With cookies, websites can help you stay logged in, and remember things you've searched before.
Though cookies sometimes get a bad rap due to security fears, they can be quite useful in helping to direct you to searches, sites, or applications you might be interested in.
Read on for instructions on how to enable (or disable) cookies on your Android mobile device. For the purposes of this guide, we're using the Chrome web browser.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to enable cookies on Android in Chrome
1. Tap the Chrome app on your Android mobile device to open it.
2. Tap on the icon in the top right corner of the screen that resembles three vertical dots.
3. Tap on "Settings."
4. Scroll down and tap on "Site settings."
5. Tap on "Cookies."
6. On the next screen, next to "Cookies," there's a small slider. When the slider appears blue, cookies are enabled. When the slider is white or gray, cookies are disabled. Tap on the slider to toggle between the two.
7. If you want to block third-party cookies on your device, tap on the white box next to "Block third-party cookies."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to enable cookies on a Samsung Galaxy S10 to save your data and optimize your web browsing
- How to clear your Google search history on your Android phone or tablet
- How to turn on and customize Do Not Disturb settings on your Android phone
- How to change the keyboard on your Android device, and get new keyboards
- How to clear or block cookies on an iPhone to help it run more efficiently
- How to delete your Google Voice number, and what it means for your account
- How to restore Google Chrome tabs in 3 different ways
- How to use Roku search to find content across channels