- Mirror selfies can make for fun shots, for example, but you'll want to flip them before you post them if they include letters or symbols that would be nonsensical in reverse.
- Fortunately, Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 makes it easy to create mirror images of pictures.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Selfies have been all the rage this decade.
But did you know that there are iconic mirror selfies going back more than half a century ?
Mirror selfies can make for edgy, artistic shots, but should be done with some caution: if you want any letters or symbols to appear as they should in a mirror-taken self portrait, you'll need to flip the image before you publish it.
Fortunately, Photoshop CC 2020 makes it easy to create a mirror image of your mirror pics, so that your selfies get their message across accurately.
Here are three simple steps to do that:
How to flip an image in Photoshop
1. Open Photoshop CC 2020 and select "Open" and then select the file you want to flip.
2. Select "Image" from the main toolbar at the top, then scroll to "Image Rotation" then select "Flip Canvas Horizontal."
3. Now, you'll want to save your flipped image. Go back to "File," then "Save As" and choose the same name to overwrite the non-flipped version if you don't need it anymore, or choose a new name to have a version of both your flipped and non-flipped photos.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to invert the colors of any image in Photoshop in 3 simple steps
- How to change the DPI of an image in Photoshop to print high-quality photos
- How to outline text in Photoshop to make your text stand out on a custom image
- How to make a custom GIF in Photoshop to share in texts and on social media
- How to sharpen an image in Photoshop using the Smart Sharpen tool
NOW WATCH: Why it's so hard for planes to land on water
- How to print directions from Google Maps in 5 simple steps
- How to change the keyboard on your Android device, and get new keyboards
- 'Why won't my PS4 update?': 3 ways to fix a PS4 that isn't updating
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy