- You can also rotate a picture on your Galaxy S10 with the photo editor, along with most other common editing functions.
- Flip and rotate are similar concepts in photo editing. Flip creates a mirror image, while rotate turns the photo by 90 degrees.
- You can get to the photo editor by tapping the pencil-shaped button in the Gallery app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The photo editor on your Samsung Galaxy S10 is surprisingly powerful, and it's able to take care of most common tasks without forcing you to install a third-party or commercial photo-editing app.
One of the most common things you may need to do, for example, is to flip or rotate a photo.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to flip or rotate a picture on your Samsung Galaxy S10
There are two very similar tools in a Galaxy S10's photo editor: flip and rotate.
When you flip a photo, you're creating a left-right mirror image. After flipping a photo, for example, someone looking to the right would be looking to the left.
When you rotate a photo, you're essentially spinning it by 90 degrees. If you accidentally took a picture sideways, you can rotate it once to correct it. If the photo is upside down, you can rotate it twice.
Here's how to flip or rotate a picture in the Gallery app on your Galaxy S10:
1. Start the Gallery app and open a photo that you want to edit.
2. Tap the edit icon at the bottom of the screen (it looks like a pencil).
3. Use the flip or rotate buttons to fix your photo.
- Tap Rotate (the button furthest to the left, which looks like a circular arrow) to rotate the picture in 90-degree increments.
- Tap Flip (next to rotate, it looks like two brackets separated by a vertical line) to make the mirror image.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to rotate the screen on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and troubleshoot your screen if it's not rotating
- How to hide photos on a Samsung Galaxy S10 by creating a Secure Folder
- How to charge your Samsung Galaxy S10 faster in 2 simple ways
- How to save battery on your Samsung Galaxy S10 in 4 simple ways
- 'Why does my Galaxy S10's brightness keep changing?': How to keep your S10's brightness the same and control it manually
- 'Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S10 ring?': 4 ways to troubleshoot your Samsung Galaxy S10 if it won't ring
- How to use an eBay gift card for purchases on the site
- How to convert a PDF to a Google Doc in a few simple steps on your Mac or PC