- You can also manage or update your saved passwords in Google Chrome if you have to change or reset them.
- Here's what you need to know to save and manage passwords in Google Chrome .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
But if you've saved multiple iterations of your passwords for a site, you may want to go in and manage them. That way, you won't have to worry about accidentally entering an old password when autofilling your information.
Here's how to enable the password-saving feature, if needed, and add or manage passwords for your Google account so you can easily access them in the Chrome browser on your PC , Mac , or Chromebook computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to save a password in Google Chrome
If you don't have the option to save your login information for autofill, you'll first need to enable it. Here's how to do that:
1. Open a window or tab in Chrome and click on your profile in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Select "Passwords."
3. Toggle on the "Offer to save passwords" option.
Once that's set up, you can start saving passwords to your Google account.
When you go to a site that requires a login, enter your information and click "Login." You will then be given the option to save your login information to your account in a pop-up. After reviewing the information, click "Save" to confirm.
You'll then be able to go in and manage your passwords by going back into your Google profile's "Passwords" section, as depicted above.
Alternatively, when you go to the login screen of a site you want to manage the passwords for, click the key icon at the right side of the address bar and click "Manage Passwords."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to add a Google Chrome shortcut icon to your desktop on a Mac or PC
- How to set your browser's homepage on a Mac, with instructions for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
- How to change your default browser on Mac, through the System Preferences menu or the new browser's settings
- You can't make Google Chrome the default browser on your iPhone, but here's how you can more easily access Chrome
- How to allow pop-ups on a Mac computer using Google Chrome, and choose specific sites to block or allow
NOW WATCH: Why it's so hard for planes to land on water
- How to close all the windows on a Mac computer using Safari, in 2 different ways
- How to restore Google Chrome tabs in 3 different ways
- How to delete or edit the bookmarks on your Chromebook in a Google Chrome browser
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy