- You can also sync your Mac with your iCloud account to enable Find My iPhone (or Find My Mac ) for your computer.
If your iPhone has been lost or stolen, your first move is usually to check Apple's Find My iPhone feature.
By syncing your Mac computer with your iCloud account and enabling Find My Mac on your computer, you can locate your Mac in just a few easy steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use Find my iPhone on Mac
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac (shown here using a MacBook Pro).
2. Click on the iCloud icon (resembling a blue cloud).
3. Scroll until you see Find My Mac in the menu's list.
4. If there is not a blue check mark on the left, click the box.
5. A pop-up will ask if you want to allow Find My Mac to use your computer's location. Click Allow.
6. A check mark will now appear next to Find My Mac, indicating the use of your computer's location for the feature.
How to use iCloud to find your Mac
1. Go to https://www.icloud.com/ .
2. Next, use your Apple ID or email address associated with your Mac and password to sign in to iCloud. During this section you may get a pop-up on your Mac's homescreen notifying you of new sign-in to your iCloud account along with a verification code. Enter the verification code, then click the arrow.
3. Once you are signed in, click Find iPhone.
4. In the middle of the page, click My Devices to access the dropdown menu.
5. In the menu, find the name of your Mac and select.
6. Once you've selected your Mac, you have the ability to play a sound on your Mac to help you locate it, lock your Mac so no one without the access code can unlock it, or erase the device from your iCloud.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to turn off the Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone
- How to add a device to Find My iPhone to track the location of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer
- How to locate and track an iPad using Find My iPhone, and lock or erase it remotely if it's lost or stolen
- How to turn off two-step and two-factor authentication on an iPhone, through your Apple ID account
- 'How much is the iPhone X?': A current cost breakdown of the entire iPhone X family
- How to find coordinates on Google Maps on your phone or computer, to identify and share an exact location
- How to cancel a Lyft ride and not get charged with a fee
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy