- The "in-flight abort" test was meant to assess the Crew Dragon escape system.
- The Crew Dragon is the spacecraft designed to take human passengers to space.
- The planned explosion can be tied to the Apollo 1 accident in which three astronauts died during a preflight test.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
- SpaceX just launched and intentionally exploded a rocket for NASA in a vital safety test of its Crew Dragon spaceship
- SpaceX is launching a doomed rocket for NASA and that's a good thing. Here's what you need to know about the company's explosive in-flight abort test.
- Jeffrey Epstein set Elon Musk's brother up with a girlfriend in effort to get close to the Tesla founder, sources say