The government has introduced the double track system which begins today, September 11, 2018, in 400 selected Senior High Schools (SHS).
This is a new introduction to the educational system of the country.
Pulse.com.gh has put together all you need to know about the double track system.
READ ALSO: Free SHS wins Akufo-Addo ALU award
• The double track system creates two semesters in a year for the SHS 1 students
• Each track will be in school for 81 days per semester and 41 days of vacation
• The double track system begins with the SHS 1 students in September 2018
• Teaching hours are increased from 6 hours a day to 8 hours per day.
• The new system will cost the government GH₵323 million to implement fully.
READ ALSO: GES won’t postpone SHS re-opening
• Without the double-track system, the government will require GH₵1.3 billion to accommodate the increase in numbers.
• 400 out of the 696 public Senior High Schools have been selected to operate the system.