Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger claims Terminator 6 is coming

The film is yet to be confirmed by Terminator studio Paramount, who in January pulled the planned sequel from its release schedule.

  • Published:
play A Terminator from 'Terminator Genisys', the fifth film in the franchise

In news that may surprise anyone who saw 2015's Terminator Genisys, its star Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced that a sixth Terminator film is on the way.

In an interview broadcast on Australia's Channel 9, the 68-year-old screen killing machine and former Governor of California was asked about the possibility of Terminator 6: "I am looking forward to it, absolutely,"

Schwarzenegger told host Richard Wilkins, without giving any further details on plot or release date.

The film is yet to be confirmed by Terminator studio Paramount, who in January pulled the planned sequel from its release schedule.

Terminator 2 was due to be released in March 2017, but its slot was taken by Dwyane Johnson's Baywatch reboot; a further film had been due in 2019.

Many assumed the new film was cancelled as a result of the disappointing box office performance of Terminator Genisys, which took just $89 million at the US box office.

However, Genisys - which also starred Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke, former Doctor Who Matt Smith and Jai Courtney - did significantly better overseas, making $350 million at the international box office. In China, the film made $89 million in a single day.

Genisys, whose rewriting of the franchise's timeline left plenty of unanswered questions, also received the worst reviews of any Terminator film, scoring a 26 per cent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and being called 'obsolete on arrival' by Telegraph critic Robbie Collin. 

Schwarzenegger also surprised another Australian TV host by terminating an interview after being asked for his thoughts on Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump: "This is an interview that I only do about fitness and health, not about politics or my relationships," he told Channel 7's Angela Cox.

Source: The Telegraph

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Pulse List Top Ghanaian movies of the year 2018 (so far)bullet
2 Fantasy Dome Comedians promise to lock down Accra at Glo Laffta fest...bullet
3 The only one New fascinating telenovelo "Mara" takes over the...bullet
4 Massive Throwback 6 most memorable Nigerian movies Ghanaians lovedbullet
5 Best Ghanaian love movies These are the best 10 Ghanaian love...bullet
6 Video Season 2 of 'Master and 3 Maids' premieres July 7 & 8bullet
7 Pulse List 6 female celebrities who have starred in movies...bullet
8 Film Summit 2018 Ghana finally launches Gollywood, in line...bullet
9 Watch & Dine Cinema “Padmaavat”, “Den of Thieves”,...bullet
10 Regina Van-Helvert Ghanaian actress goes baldbullet

Top Videos

1 Video Lucky official trailerbullet
2 Nestle Yelo Pèppè - Trailerbullet
3 Video Lilwin performs with Kumkum Bhagya Starsbullet
4 Video Daddy Lumba, Lilwin, Akrobeto on set of new moviebullet

Movies